Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Let Us Do This Right, 2013

Oliver is 6 months old, sitting up, showing an interest and attempting to crawl. He's testing out different food, singing, laughing and enjoying the love that he gets from so many people every day. It's amazing what happens to a person during their first months.

Simultaneously, he is recognizing pain and sadness a lot better than before. I find myself unable to release any sadness I have at random over the loss of my dad. If I cry, he gets sad and fussy. It is, in a way, sweet that he doesn't want me to be sad, but I'm feeling a bit guilty from wanting to be alone so I can cry. Oliver and Shane help make this mourning go by with a bit more ease and I'm so thankful for them.

I really wish my dad could have met Oliver.

Happy New Year.