Thursday, March 17, 2011

Fruity Pebbles Crispy Treats


I am the poster child for replacing feelings with food. Recognizing that might be a cure, I suppose. It could be bittersweet because of my affinity for food and cooking but I don't like to think of food in that sense unless it involves chocolate. Do you know what I mean?

Anyway, Addysin and I were hanging out yesterday, watching some Labyrinth, Robots, Kipper the Dog, etc. We decided it would be fun to turn my marshmallows and box of cereal into a project. And so it began...



Patting down that marshmallowy goodness was more comical than I thought it would have been. We were giggling for no reason at all. Laughter is contagious. Especially Addysin's laugh. She belts out these hefty, yet tiny giggles and every single time it is real. Trust me, she will NOT laugh if it is NOT funny.

Fruity Pebble Crispy Treats
1 box of Fruity Pebbles
1 package of mini marshmallows
1/4 cup of butter
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla

Melt the butter over low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until they are completely melted and blended.
Stir in vanilla and cereal until cereal is well coated. With buttered spatula, pat mixture into a preferred pan (we used a 9 x 13) and allow to cool either on a counter or in the refrigerator, depending on how impatient you or your fellow tasters are.

Addysin is so funny. She kept her face like that for a while and when I took the photo, it still came out blurry. Either I'm horrible with my camera or she is just naturally blurry. You don't have to share your decision.