Sunday, February 27, 2011

Banana Cupcakes With Peanut Butter Banana Frosting

Addisyn came over today. We watched a couple of movies, colored, laughed, joked, made fun of Dickie, and most importantly, we frosted cupcakes.

I asked her what she was craving in the whole world and she said, "a banana." So of course, that was our flavor for the day. I let her measure out the ingredients into separate bowls. She did mostly everything except add the salt and vanilla. Sometimes, they can be overpowering flavors so I took charge. I didn't want her to not have her banana.











While the cupcakes were cooling, we colored. I had this coloring book that I picked up from Comic Con 2007. "Color-Ink Book" It was put together by several tattoo artists. I decided tonight was the night to start coloring in it.



That first drawing was pretty cute. A little guy with a lemon-shaped head holding a glass of lemonade. Above him it read, "Lemonade tastes better than cigarettes." Addy and I agreed that it was totally true.









Banana Cupcakes
1/2 cup ripe banana (mashed)
11.4 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup milk or soy milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Mash your banana so that it has no lumps. I used my food processor because I was being lazy and Addy and I wanted to ICE THE DARN THINGS ALREADY. So I sped up the process.

Sift together the dry ingredients in a separate bowl from the wet ingredients. Once the wet ingredients are completely blended together, fold them into the dry ingredients, very gently and try not to stir it too much so that your cupcakes stay soft.

Pour into cupcake liners about 3/4 full and bake for 20-22 minutes.


Peanut Butter Banana Frosting
11/2 cup confectioner's sugar
2 tablespoons melted butter
1/2 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
1/2 tablespoon mashed banana
sifted flour (optional) by the teaspoon

Mix all ingredients except for the flour. If the frosting isn't to your preferred thickness, add the sifted flour by the teaspoon.



Addy and I have only really spent a total of two days together and we don't know each other that well, but the face she's making in the above photo clearly states, "You can never have too many sprinkles."




She's right.