Saturday, October 14, 2006

(I) Wish (I) List

Sitting in my chair listening to a story on NPR about failed plans to create an elevator that can go in more directions than just up and down. Not entirely unlike the Wonkavator in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, the voice over says.

After work (2:30am) D and I headed to Ralph's to get some groceries because the real shopping doesn't fit into our schedules until the middle of next week (and also because Ralph's is conveniently open 24 hours). While I'm standing there staring at the frozen vegetables, two young men approach the items next to me. The tall man (slightly resembling Trent from MTV's Daria) says to the other that he wants a girlfriend and is considering asking for one for Christmas.

Before I smile I try to make sure that no one is looking.