Sunday, January 1, 2006

Love Affair With A City.

My city's still breathing (but barely it's true)
through buildings gone missing like teeth.
The sidewalks are watching me think about you,
sparkled with broken glass.


I'm racking up people that I want to love for the rest of time. Is this okay to do, or is it just another way of reaching an all-expenses paid trip to the Heartbreak Hotel?

There isn't much else to say except that the idea of living in San Diego again no longer tip toes in and out of my brain; it is finally settling in, anxious for the right acceptance letter. It hit me just so suddenly how much I need these people in my life. My daily life. My local life.

Being with you was such a wonderful breath of fresh air. Much like talking with you so briefly through instant messenger, my heart flutters with excitement, intelligence, inspiration, but so much more intense and so much eye to eye and heartfelt hearts.

When I think about it in realistic terms, moving so far away would, of course, not be the end of the world, and while my depression and possibly or potential lonliness would linger, as it always has, I would still manage to handle life as it is placed in my hands, as I always have. But that doesn't mean that I would stop missing or loving. I wouldn't trade the opportunity to live near you for anything. I almost feel a bit selfish and slightly creepy in a very The-Raven-esque manner when relaying these things to anyone other than myself, but what are you supposed to do when you meet someone so marvelous?

You hold on for as long as you can.