Tuesday, November 25, 2003

Kaleidoscope

I waver manically between sheer marvel for the kaleidoscope and utter disgust for its splintered shards.

In other words, I am bedazzled by the varied texture and multiple facets of the physical world, and yet, at the same time, these textures and facets breed such contradictions and corruptness that I feel physically nauseous.

Two sides of the same coin. Glass half full or half empty. What side you see depends on what kind of blinders you have on. But are these the blinders that you wear so to rest on down-filled pillows without disturbance, or are they those that horses are condemned with, so they will trudge through the streets that are not of their own making, whipped by an unseen driver, dragging the black carriage of responsibility and heaviness behind them?

Who's to say which is which?

On this weather-worn fence, I teeter madly.

I've always suspected that I was slightly insane.