Sunday, November 23, 2003

Am I?

Did you know that if you stick fruit into liquid nitrogen that it will shatter? And if it shatters you can then eat it and enjoy the frozen fruitiness in all its novel, scientifically-induced glory? Well you can. I had a dream in which I was in an astrophysics lab, our cool ass chick of a teacher let us mess with liquid nitrogen. Brett, my lab partner, and I stuck balloons, tennis balls, Peeps, an orange, and a banana into a mad-scientist-esque tank of nitrogen cooled to the temp of -200 degree Celcius. We then ate the frozen confections (with the exception of the balloon and tennis balls, which we just smashed). I felt as if I was attending a surreal space picnic. And also, did you know that since the confections are so cold, that eating it is like licking a frozen pole? Well it is, and Brett was little too voracious in eating and ended up tearing off the top layer of his tongue. It was oddly endearing. Boys are cute when they're bleeding - not that Brett isn't cute normally, but he was definitely more so when he was smearing blood all over a frozen orange. Hm... maybe I am a sadist.

Anyway, that's what I get for watching the Discovery Channel.